Event is FinishedCareer Fest for Students & Gamers - May 2020Welcome to the May 2020 Career Fest for Students & Gamers! When: 05/18/2020 10 AM Central through 05/22/2020 7 PM Central What: This is our first ever online web-browser based career fair. Create your avatar and jump in with the 1700+ registered attendees in our pilot event for 5 days of exciting panels, presentations, and job possibilities from some of the coolest companies in the esports and gaming industry. It doesn't matter if you are a professional in the industry looking to learn something new or a seasoned gamer looking to take the first steps into the industry. Our panels are going to cover a wide variety of subjects such as emerging technology, startups, health and nutrition, indie development, esports, and general job and career guidance. Whether you're hanging out with our devs, flying to the sky, or sinking through the ground, there will be plenty of companies looking to connect with you. Invite them to a one on one and submit your resume. It's that simple! JOB FAIR The environment is open 24/7 and we encourage everyone to network! Representatives from all the sponsor companies will be around at various times throughout the week. Official Panel Schedule: Monday 05/18/2020: Startups (How to start, join, or grow and early stage company) 11am CT: Joe Lee and Michael Lubker (Gamerjibe): Opening remarks 2pm CT: Mark Carter: Building your business through the pandemic through mentoring and marketing 3pm CT: James Phelan (Founder Institute Austin) and Jason Jacobsohn (Founder Institute Chicago): Are you ready to be a founder? 5pm CT: Dr. F Scott Feil: Multiple streams of revenue to help pay your student loans 7pm CT: Gordon Walton (ArtCraft), Chris McCrimmons, and Jean Leggett (One More Story): How to start a startup Tuesday 05/19/2020: Creative (game creation, film, podcasting, live streaming, etc.) 9am CT: Rich Huggan (Hitmarker), Bradley Austin (Uni Staffordshire), Sande Chen (Game Writer): Breaking into the gaming industry (UK) 11am CT: Jon Radoff 1pm CT: Ricardo Zulueta (Paid Exposure): Transforming influencers into entrepreneurs 3pm CT: Moderated by Ted Cohen (Mediatech Ventures/TAG Strategic) ; Bradley Austin (Uni Staffordshire), Ricardo Zulueta (Paid Exposure), Gigi Johnson (Maramel/UCLA): Mental Health in Creative Fields 5pm CT: Nelson Lim (FX TD) and Bryon Caldwell (3D Animator) : Breaking into VFX and Animation 7pm CT: Gordon Walton (ArtCraft), Brandon Casteel, Chris McCrimmons, Kate Edwards (Geogrify and Global Game Jam): Breaking into the game industry (US) 9pm CT: Andreas Lopez (Omakase): Podcast vs. Livestream. Start & maintain the best for your plans Wednesday 05/20/2020: Jobs and Careers / Health and Wellness (How to position yourself post-COVID) 11am CT: Josh Otero (CEO NutriGMR), Jose Maresma (Chief Performance Officer NutriGMR), Holden McCrae (Chief Science Officer NutriGMR), Landon Gorbenko (Performance Coach NutriGMR), and Drew Schwartz (For The Wellness Blog): How to balance wellness and performance in esports 1pm CT: Joe Lee (CEO Gamerjibe), Daniel Valentino (COO Gamerjibe), Matt Willis (CPO Gamerjibe), Peter Perez (VP of Biz Dev Gamerjibe), and Michael Lubker (Head of Event Ops Gamerjibe): Gamerjibe Panel 3pm CT: Jake McKee (Community5), Pablo Panta (Current Esports): Build a community management career in 5 steps 5pm CT: Mariana Muntean (Cinevva): Indie game dev production, game pipelines, the psychology behind games, project management, teamwork skills, and how to position yourself and ideas in the marketplace 7pm CT: Chris McCrimmons: Making games while staying sane Thursday 05/21/2020: 2019: Esports aren’t real sports 2020: Esports are the only sports 9am CT: Drew Townley (CEO, Kairos Esports): Working with non-endemic brands in Esports 11am CT: Devon Jack (CompMC): Competitive Minecraft Esports 12pm CT: Shahrukh Panjwani (Director of Corporate Partnerships at Shotcall), Ayan Abdu (Ambassador at Collegiate Starleague), Keisha Howard (Founder at Sugar Games), Ahmad Al Jamal (CSO at Amuka Esports), Craig Skilling (Founder of The Influence(r) brand): How to get a job in Esports 2pm CT: Michael Aguilar (OU Esports Club): My journey in Esports 4pm CT: Josh Chapman (Managing Director at Konvoy Ventures), John Zozzaro (President at MediaTech Ventures), Paul O’Brien (CEO at MediaTech Ventures), and Jaymes Hines: Investing in Esports 5:30pm CT: Doc Haskell (Boise State University) and Cris Reed (The Level-up Experience): Fireside Chat 7pm CT: Brett Diamond (Wise Ventures/Minnesota ROKKR), Chris Smith (Founder of Big Esports), Marcus Howard (CEO at Project MQ), Erik Alexander (Founder at Era Esports), Peter Perez (VP of Biz Dev at Gamerjibe), and Jake Zinn (Founder at Esport Supply): Esports Post COVID: How does it look? Friday 05/22/2020: Emerging Technology: AI, Cybersecurity, Cloud, Robotics, Data Science, EDU Tech 11am CT: Justin Colvin (CDS Global Cloud) and Reinout Te Brake (Game-Consultant.com): “Emerging Tech in Gaming: What’s Next? 1pm CT: Neil Sahota (UV Irvine): How none-technical entrepreneurs can use AI for business and social impact 3pm CT: Rob Campanell (Whole Foods Market) 5pm CT: Alex Hutchi (Buffeine): Mobile Gaming and Chatbots 7pm CT: Moderated by Ted Cohen (Mediatech Ventures/TAG Strategic) ; Captain Lavontoy Santos (MARFORCYBER + Mentorch), Patrick Kelley (Critical Path Security), Jeff Barron (Critical Path Security), and Nigel Leblanc (Cyber Warrior Network): Emerging Technology Panel 9PM CT: Amelia Warren (Thrills AV), Theron Pray, Ryan Padgett Official Sponsor List The United States Marine Corps Hitmarker NutriGMR Geekletes ChipsTV CurisNow FIPME EsportsDeck USEA Paid Exposure Virtual Reload Amuka Esports Buffeine Founder Institute Chicago MediaTech Ventures IGDA The University of Oklahoma Esports Club The University of Texas at Austin - Longhorn Gamers Staffordshire University London Bios where provided Ted Cohen - moderating Tuesday and Friday Known throughout the entertainment & technology industries as “part connector/part evangelist/always a futurist,” Ted Cohen is currently the Managing Partner of TAG Strategic, an LA-based digital entertainment consultancy. Additionally, Ted was recently named Head of Corporate Development for Mediatech.Ventures, an Austin-based VC/incubator/accelerator. Previously, as SVP-Digital for EMI Music, Cohen led global digital business development for this iconic label & was instrumental in crafting the licensing agreements upon which the iTunes Store and Rhapsody/ Napster services were built. During that time, EMI led the industry in embracing & employing new tech & business models such as digital downloads & streaming music subscriptions, mobile services, hi-definition audio & Internet radio. Prior to EMI, Cohen co-founded and Chaired the groundbreaking Webnoize conferences. Ted also led Consulting Adults, with clients such as Universal Studios, Amazon, Microsoft, DreamWorks Records, Liquid Audio and Napster. Cohen also had senior positions at both Warner Brothers & Philips Electronics. A 40+ year entertainment & digital media industry veteran, Cohen conceived, created & chaired MidemNet and also served on the Grammy LA Board of Governors & Grammy National Trustee Board. Additionally, Cohen served as Chairman of Mobile Entertainment Forum Americas, and served on the board of Mouse.org. In 2013, Ted received the NARM Presidential Award, previously awarded to Ahmet Ertegun & Dick Clark, among others. Ted continually looks for the next innovative technology & his next challenge, he really loves his life.
- No events to display.
- Event is LockedDemo Space - Networking EventCome and explore our 3D immersive networking space!9 attendees
- Event is LockedDemo Space - Career FairCome and explore our 3D immersive career fair space!18 attendees
- Event is FinishedFounder Night OutThis event finished on April 22, 2020 at 9:30pm CT. This venue will remain open for discussions and demo purposes until further notice. -- Founder Night Out is a fun, social event where you can meet entrepreneurs, investors, service providers, and other members of the startup community. You can also share your business ideas and aspirations with like-minded peers. The online event will feature an interactive 3D environment where you can control your avatar to explore the venue, network with participants, and exchange contact info from the comfort of your home. All you need is a web browser to attend. Founder Night Out is sponsored by Founder Institute Chicago, Workbox, TriNet, and TenantBase and is powered by Gamerjibe. Click HERE to access the event on the Meetup group. -- STARTUP SHOWCASE If you'd like to showcase your startup at the event, please email Jason at [email protected] with the following info: Name of your company Up to 300-word pitch Sentence with your ask (this can be capital, co-founder, customers, etc.) Up to 10 slides -- SCHEDULE 6pm CT - Doors open 6:30pm CT - Opening remarks 9pm CT - Closing remarks 9:30pm CT - Doors close -- REQUIREMENTS For the best experience, please use Chrome or Firefox and have a webcam and mic prepared for the event. We also recommend a desktop or laptop computer with at least 8GB of RAM and a recent CPU and Video card with updated drivers. This is a nice guide to ensure you have the right settings to support the virtual 3D event experience: https://wevideo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/225259448-How-to-enable-WebGL. Most folks won't need to follow these steps as modern versions of Chrome and Firefox work out-of-the-box, but it might be good to double-check. -- preview
- Event is FinishedExplore Lunar New Year In 3D - All Gamers & Friends Welcome!Come celebrate Lunar New Year at our free, online event! With the Year of the Rat on the horizon, we humbly invite you to join us in celebrating life, family, good health, and fortune! preview This event is FREE. You can attend from anywhere on your favorite web browser. We recommend the latest version of Chrome or Firefox. Simply hop into this web page anytime on January 27-29 (Mon-Wed). At our previous Christmas and New Year's Event, we were able to show some cool features. The amount of constructive feedback we've received was astounding. And now, we’re ready to show off our next beta build! Much like the previous event, the Lunar New Year Event will be hosted in our 3D browser-based environment (https://gamerjibe.com) that'll let you control your own avatar and explore the themed world. In addition, you’ll be able to communicate and interact with other attendees through text and voice chat. In addition to being sponsored by Founder Institute Chicago and C22 Tech, we'll feature several creators who'll stream the event. The four currently confirmed are: Chisey (variety streamer on Twitch) - https://www.twitch.tv/chisey0 Cris Reed (top esports influencer on LinkedIn) - https://www.linkedin.com/in/cristopher-reed Pusoko (variety streamer on Twitch) - https://www.twitch.tv/pusoko TicTox (variety streamer on Twitch) - https://www.twitch.tv/tictox At the event, you'll be able to meet and chat with these streamers LIVE as well as with the Gamerjibe team! Exciting, right? 🙂 Please claim your free ticket here. You can learn more on the eventbrite page. See you soon!
- Event is FinishedPost-Holiday BashWe're excited to announce an online holiday party! After all, there is no better way to lower the stress of the holidays like attending a holiday bash! All you need is to be on your favorite web browser to attend. (We recommend Chrome or Firefox) At the holiday event, you'll be able to take control of your own 3D avatar, chat with and gift to friends and other attendees, and explore the virtual environment. This is the first sneak peak event of its kind on the platform and we are going to use it to stress test for future events. Sounds awesome, right? Come and invite your friends and family! Write them a letter about how much you hate those socks or the game you wish you got for Christmas! If you’re able to crash the event (literally) by inviting too many people, we would be absolutely delighted! The event is VIRTUAL and FREE and starts on January 3rd and will conclude on January 5th. To get a reminder, please sign up on Eventbrite. See you in January!